see also Stress
Also referred to as nervous exhaustion or nervous breakdown, a catchall term not used by psychiatrists but meaningful to the ordinary person, signifying a sudden inability to cope, usually due to overwork or other forms of pressure. Just as ligaments and tendons can be stretched beyond their elastic limit, so can emotional and mental resources. Some people have more resilience and stamina, more ability to absorb Stress for longer periods, than others. If it takes very little to topple you into Anxiety or Depression, constitutional homeopathic treatment could help.
Specific remedies to be taken even 2 hours for up to 10 doses
- Feeling emotionally drained by grief, very apathetic, physically exhausted Phosphoric ac. 30c
- Lack of will-power or determination Picric ac. 30c
- Feeling mentally exhausted after working hard for exam Anacardium 30c
- Headache and exhaustion from overwork Silicea 30c
- Great sensitivity to noise, forgetfulness, a tendency to repeat everything Zinc 30c