see also Nausea & Vomiting, Vomiting in Infants
Periodic attacks of abdominal pain in which the child is very pale and wants to lie down, feels nauseous, vomits, or has a high temperature. May be a precursor of adult Migraine. Often caused by Stress and therefore responds in the long term to constitutional treatment.
Specific remedies to be taken every hour for up to 10 doses
- Sharp cutting pains relieved by bending double, especially if brought on by anger outburst Colocynth 6c
- Pain worse for heat or slightest movement, provided appendicitis, peritonitis, and intestinal obstruction have been ruled out Bryonia 30c
- Cramps and diarrhoea, alleviated by heat and pressure Magnesia phos. 6c
- Constant nausea and diarrhoea Ipecac. 6c
- Attack brought on by rich, fatty food, worse for being in hot room, child tearful and clinging Pulsatilla 6c
Self-help: Let the child rest in bed, with a hot water bottle to soothe the pain, and give plenty to drink.