Sore gums, irritability, and stomach upsets during eruption of milk teeth. Babies cut their first teeth around age of six months, and all 20 milk teeth (8 incisors, 4 canines, 8 molars) are usually through by the end of the third year. Homeopathic remedies are extremely effective against the pain and discomfort of teething. The small flaps of skin pushed aside as the molar teeth come through are quite natural; they separate from the gum in due course.
Specific remedies to be given every 30 minutes, or more frequently if pain is severe, for up to 10 doses
- Child irritable, wants to be carried around, makes a fuss when put in cot, one cheek hot and red, the other pale Chamomilla 30c
- Child flushed and hot, pupils wide and staring Belladonna 30c
- Child thin, with a big head, tends to have sweaty feet and head, dislikes milk Silicea 30c
- Child nervous, restless Actaea 30c
- Child has mouth ulcers, is startled by sudden noises, dislikes downward motion Borax 30c
- Teeth have poor enamel and decay easily and quickly Kreosotum 30c
- Sore gums and diarrhoea, or copious salivation Mercurius 30c
- Acute pain and high temperature Aconite 30c
Sore gums, child fretful and colicky Colocynth 30c
- Teething symptoms accompanied by constipation and ineffectual straining to pass stools Nux 30c
Self-help: Give Calc. Phos. tissue salt and Calc. Fluor tissue salt throughout teething period.