Continuous, aching pain in area of coccyx (small fused bones at base of spine), caused by injury or a heavy fall on rear end; can also occur after childbirth.
If the remedies recommended below produce no improvement, see your homeopath.
Specific remedies to be taken 3 times daily for up to 7 days
- Brought on by a fall Hypericum 6c
- Coccyx feels bruised and aching, improves in damp, wet weather Causticum 6c
- Pressure and draughts increase pain, constipation Silicea 6c
- Coccyx feels as if it has a heavy, dragging weight attached to it Antimonium tart. 6c
- Recurrent tearing or jerking pain Cicuta 6c
- Pain gets worse when sitting down or walking Kali bichrom. 6c
Self-help: Rest as much as possible, lying down on your front to take pressure off coccyx. Pressure can also be alleviated by sitting on a rubber ring. Local heat may also help. Chiropractic or osteopathy would also help if problem was caused by a bad fall.
Back to Ailments & Diseases