This is caused by infection of the genital tract shortly after birth, although any fever within 2 weeks of childbirth is dangerous since it can cause Infertility or Septicaemia. Puerperal fever is now rare thanks to improved hygiene during delivery and of course antibiotics. However, if you begin to run a temperature, consult your doctor if there is no improvement in 12 hours, and take one of the remedies below.
Specific remedies to be taken every hour for up to 10 doses
- Sudden rise in temperature, skin hot and dry, pain in uterus, vivid thoughts about dying Aconite 30c
- Sudden onset of fever, face hot and red, eyes staring, delirium, distended abdomen, great thirst, bowels feel as if they are being clutched by a giant hand Belladonna 30c
- Profuse sweating, great sensitivity to heat and cold, offensive-smelling discharge from vagina, increase in saliva, mucus or blood in stools, symptoms worse at night Mercurius 30c
- Vaginal discharge suddenly stops, constipation, nausea and vomiting, irritability Nux 30c
- Womb feels very sore, slightest movement aggravate soreness, irritability, feeling very apprehensive and pessimistic about the future Bryonia 30c