see also Discomfort after Dental Treatment, Fear of Dental Treatment
If a tooth socket starts to bleed after extraction, encourage the person to spit the blood out rather than swallow it. Place a clean pad of gauze over the socket and ask the person to bite on it for 15-20 minutes. Once the bleeding has stopped, rinse the mouth with Hypericum and Calendula solution; this can be repeated every 30 minutes. If bleeding persists for more than 30 minutes or recurs, seek medical or dental advice.
Specific remedies to be taken even 5 minutes for up to 10 doses after dental treatment
- Where there is a lot of pain Hypericum 30c
- Where there is a lot of bleeding Phosphorus 30c
- Where Hypericum fails Staphysagria 30c
Specific remedies to be taken hourly for up to 6 doses before going to the dentist
- Fear and panic Aconite 30c
- Great apprehension, knees feel weak and wobbly Gelsemium 30c
If a front tooth is knocked out, put it back in immediately, the right way round. Failing that, put the tooth in milk and get to a dentist as quickly as possible.
Back to Ailments & Diseases